TACK ADVISORY COUNCIL
16th December, 2015
Initial Meeting of the Council
1. The initial gathering of clients forming a TACK Advisory Council took place at TACK on 16 December 2015. Each of the four attendants had experienced past problems dealing with TACK and they represented a diverse cross-section of our regular clientele.
2. The first item discussed was the frequency of future meetings of the TACK Advisory Council. The group leaned toward a quarterly gathering and the next meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday, 1 March 2016. TACK will be installing tablets in each vehicle to assist with operational consistency and efficiency and the resultant service delivery will be discussed at that meeting.
3. The attendants expressed gratitude that TACK would listen to their complaints. As Executive Director, I was given the opportunity to more effectively communicate TACK policies and procedures. Each person in attendance learned from the experience.
4. I reported to the council as I would prepare a report to the board of directors – describing TACK’s history, mission, and capabilities. I specifically addressed the financial implications of budgeting and expense reporting. I discussed various agency responsibilities.
5. Specific service shortfalls were described and I was allowed to address each. Each had been dealt with prior to this meeting.
6. After approximately 90 minutes, I closed the meeting, agreeing to meet again in March. I discussed the website and how it can be used as a communications tool for clients. I gave each attendant my personal cell phone number so I could directly deal with any future service shortfalls. I agreed to invite even more clients to the next meeting and attendants agreed to assist in convincing more clients to attend this meeting in the future.
Transit Authority of Central Kentucky